Wed, 22 Jun|
Leg 3 - London to Great Yarmouth 5 days from £1,026/person all-inclusive
Time & Location
22 Jun 2022, 16:00 – 27 Jun 2022, 10:00
London, Limehouse Basin, London E14, UK
About the event
- Cruise along the river Thames from central London passing historic maritime landmarks
- Sail through the beautiful swatchways and backwaters of the Thames estuary
- Get your binoculars out for a spot of birdwatching at the RSPB sanctuary on the Ore
Day 1: Board Snark from 16:00 to 18:00 at Limehouse Basin, London. Group introductions and safety briefing, followed by evening meal on board.
Day 2: Lock out and cruise down the river Thames passing so many historic landmarks there isn’t space to list them all here. Sail through the Thames Barrier, past Greenwich and the Cutty Sark, a British clipper ship, to anchor off the resort town of Southend in Essex. Dinner on board.
Day 3: Depart early to get to Havengore Creek at high tide, a sailing route between the Thames Estuary and the rivers Roach and Crouch, avoiding the mudflats to weave through the swatchways and back channels to reach the unspoilt, historic harbour of Brightlingsea in Essex. Dinner on board.
Day 4: After a leisurely breakfast, cast off and run up the coast to cross the bar into the Ore River. Anchor by the RSPB bird sanctuary, hopefully in time for the evening murmuration. Dinner on board.
Day 5: Thread back down the Ore and up the inshore passage past Lowestoft to the River Yar and up to the old seaside town of Great Yarmouth in Norfolk to moor on Town Hall Quay. Dinner on board.
Last day: Breakfast on board, followed by goodbyes and disembarkation at 10:00 from Town Hall Quay, Great Yarmouth.
A typical day’s activities might include:
- An early breakfast on board.
- Cast off and sail to our next stopover with lunch and refreshments along the way.
- Learn the ropes and help sail the boat as we go.
- Relax on board, keeping an eye out for wildlife and coastal landmarks, or chill on deck, reading a book, sketching or photographing the coast as we sail by.
- Moor up or anchor in the afternoon with cultural visits where available.
- Dinner on deck or row ashore to a secluded beach for a sea swim or coastal walk and barbecue, or evening out to a harbour inn or restaurant (onshore meals not included in price).
Note: The above itinerary is provisional. It may be subject to change depending on weather and other factors. Some ports will not be available in certain wind conditions. We might get to others too late or skip a stopover for a longer day’s sail if we’re running behind.
Leg 3 standard berth
This ticket confirms a standard berth for one person on leg 3 (Thames). Snark’s fares include accommodation with three meals a day and all soft and alcoholic drinks (excluding spirits) on board, fresh linen and towels, shore landings, and all the necessary costs associated with running the boat and crew.
Leg 3 Owners Cabin
This ticket confirms a double cabin for two people on leg 3 (Thames). Snark’s fares include accommodation with three meals a day and all soft and alcoholic drinks (excluding spirits) on board, fresh linen and towels, shore landings, and all the necessary costs associated with running the boat and crew.